Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wow, tell em what you really think Roger

Roger Ebert really doesn't like a former columnist from the Chicago Sun Times. I admit to reading and enjoying Jay Mariotti's work and am not sure Mr. Ebert's biting remarks are reasonable.

Some choice cuts:

An open letter to sports columnist Jay Mariotti, who resigned from the Sun-Times and lashed out during a TV interview announcing that newspapers were dead:

As someone who was working here for 24 years before you arrived, I think you owed us more than that. You owed us decency. The fact that you saved your attack for TV only completes our portrait of you as a rat.

and

I started here when Marshall Field and Jim Hoge were running the paper. I stayed through the Rupert Murdoch regime. I was asked, "How can you work for a Murdoch paper?" My reply was: "It's not his paper. It's my paper. He only owns it." That's the way I've always felt about the Sun-Times, and I still do. On your way out, don't let the door bang you on the ass.

I'm not a huge fan of name calling, but it sure can be funny huh?

See the whole letter here. Yikes.

No comments: