Thursday, September 4, 2008

Don't worry, John McCain is still "B"oring

Grade: B

Look, John did what he had to. He sat at the kitchen table and laid out what he wants to do if he's elected. He promised to educate your children, help you buy health insurance and cut wasteful spending. Sure, Great, Fine, Whatever.

He had to say it, heck, I was disappointed by how little meat and potatoes the RNC has had so far. Maybe I'm just spoiled. I hear Obama, and I hear Palin, and then we've gotta suffer though something that McCain just isn't good at: a speech.

I thought he'd break the mold and be a bit innovative. I really thought that he'd take the mic into his hands, like his wife did, and walk around a bit like he does at town halls. The town hall format is where McCain wins, he's unstoppable when he's just chattin'. Though, I guess he wasn't so bold. Oh, well.

He still gets a B. He got everything out that he had to. He wasn't too negative and he didn't make any mistakes. Also, those last 30 seconds where he really did indulge in some rhetorical flourish needs to make its way into a commercial. That was about as good a moment as any candidate has had this year. Still, it was just a moment.

I stand by my prediction. The race will be a statistical tie from here on into the debates.

How do you grade McCain's speech? How do you think the polls will look on Monday?

No comments: