Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Prognosticating Palin

Oh Sarah, what are you going to say tonight? I mean, you'll say that McCain is good and Obama is not the right choice.... got it. You'll tell the story of a crusading mom fightin' corruption in Alaska, okay. You'll surely mention oil and energy concerns because that's about the only issue on which you have more experience than the other 3 on the ticket. And, you're likely to champion yourself as a "looks like we made it" candidate representing women's rights. Okay.

But, Sarah, are you going to make a big deal about your choice not to have an abortion when you found out your child was disabled? Are you going to mention that your daughter is 17, pregnant and engaged? How about taking the stick to the American media? Are you going to tell MSNBC to lay off you kids? Best not sound whiny or defensive, you are a woman and we are a sexist country... then again, hell hath no fury as a woman scored. Oh boy, I can't wait for tonight.

3 comments:

Ariel White said...

Not to be snarky, but did you mean "Governor Palin" there? I just don't remember you being on such a first name basis with the other candidates, and I'm getting a little touchy, since the mainstream media has been doing this to her (and, of course, to Senator Clinton) as well.

Toby said...

Yeah dude, I call Barack, Barack and John, Johny. I guess it's demeaning, but they're politicians they put themselves out there and deserve what they get. Though, to assure you, I promise I'll demean equally regardless of gender.

Ariel White said...

Hey, thanks. That's all I ask.