Thursday, September 4, 2008

Obama on O'Reilly

In a bald-faced attempt to steal the spotlight from McCain tonight Barack Obama is going to be interviewed today by Bill O'Reilly's show. Good for him! I'm not at all offended that he's trying to steel McCain's thunder.

O'Reilly, love him or hate him, does a good interview. Obama will be tested, and Bill will be respectful. I'm, frankly, far more eager to see how Barack handles himself on "the Factor" than McCain's talk.

John Kerry has said that one of his biggest mistakes was to not go on O'Reilly in 2004. I have to say that I agree. Right or wrong, it seemed to dove tail too nicely with the picture the Bush campaign was painting of a liberal elitist to not want to have a tough interview.

Obama went on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace this summer and he did Great. I'm sure he will do well on O'Reilly. The only thing he could have done wrong vis-a-vis the Factor was to not show up. Frankly, O'Reilly isn't a Hack like Rush Limbaugh or Bill Maher and dismissing him as such is unwise. I just hope that McCain goes on John Stewart's show again...

Anyway, the interview should play at 5:00pm pacific and 8:00pm eastern, and replay again after John McCain's speech. I'd encourage you to watch it.

No comments: